Oregon Giant Snow Pea – A Pacific Northwest Jewel
This is by far the sweetest pea I have ever had.
Discover the Bounty of the Oregon Giant Snow Pea
Delight in the exquisite taste and unparalleled size of the Oregon Giant Snow Pea – a variety renowned for its succulent pods and impressive yields, straight from the heart of the Pacific Northwest.
Hailing from the fertile soils of Oregon, the Oregon Giant Snow Pea stands out with its:
- Larger Pods: Enjoy its plump, sweet pods that can grow up to 5 inches in length.
- Prolific Growth: This variety is known for its abundant yields, ensuring a generous harvest.
- Disease Resistance: A hardy cultivar, the Oregon Giant is resistant to several common pea diseases, making it a reliable choice for both novice and seasoned gardeners.
Why Choose Oregon Giant Snow Pea?
- Gourmet Delight: Its crisp texture and sweet taste make it a favorite in salads, stir-fries, and snacks.
- Easy Growth: Adaptable to various soil types and weather conditions, it’s a low-maintenance choice for gardens.
- Short Maturity Cycle: With a quick turnaround from sowing to harvesting, enjoy fresh produce in a matter of weeks.
- Soil Setup: Choose well-draining soil, preferably enriched with compost for optimal growth.
- Seed Sowing: Plant seeds about 1 inch deep and 2 inches apart, with support structures for the peas to climb.
- Sunshine Supply: While they prefer full sun, Oregon Giant Snow Peas can also tolerate partial shade.
- Watering Ways: Keep the soil consistently moist, especially during flowering and pod formation.
- Harvesting Hints: Pick the pods when they’re young and tender for the best flavor and texture.
Save big with our bundles:
Open Pollinated: 50-60 Days
Sow as soon as the soil can be worked sow seed 1/2″ deep and space plants 6″ apart
Minimum 3 grams per packet (roughly 20-30 seeds)